FLASH At-Home Course Expectations
- Monday through Thursday, June 29 through July 23 (4 Weeks)
- No FLASH on Fridays - Students are welcome to use this day as make-up day
All teachers and courses will follow these expectations:
- All classes will run using Google Classroom
- Teachers will post daily assignments by 9:00 AM.
- Teachers will design age-appropriate lessons that take approximately 20-30 minutes per class.
- Teachers will do their best to create independent activities that require minimal parental involvement.
- Teachers will use a blend of their own pre-recorded video lessons, instructional videos from other online resources, and Google Education resources like Docs, Drawings, Slides, and more. Teachers may use live-video conferencing to supplement course activities, but live-video will not be the primary means of instruction. (Note: Pre-recorded video was selected over live-conferencing as the primary method of instruction to offer greater student flexibility and to accommodate families' summer schedules.)
- Teachers will “check in” twice each day through Google Classroom, between 9:30AM - 1:30PM, to provide clarity, answer questions, and offer feedback. Teachers are not expected to be immediately available for the entire 4-hour duration.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must be available to supervise activities for safety.
- Students will use age-appropriate materials, so classes will be modified accordingly. For example, Cooking will NOT require the use of the stove, oven, or sharp utensils.
- New Jersey Executive Orders do not allow FLASH/Summit Schools to distribute materials.
- Required course materials are listed as part of the course catalog. Teachers strongly recommend you purchase materials as soon as possible.
- Teachers will make every attempt to use common household items. Some courses may require additional materials. For example, Sewing may need a needle or specific type of fabric.